The difference between a Learning Management System and a Learning Content Management System

September 3, 2018 / GuidesFor Team

IT jargon strikes again. Apparently, according to this article, there is a clear distinction between Learning Management System (LMS) and Learning Content Management System (LCMS). It would appear that an LMS manages the end-users, their progress, both on the pupil and student side, while LCMS acts as a content delivery network.  The article also states that 81% of the LCMS systems include LMS functionality as part of their system.  That kind of make sense, but it didn’t give an example of the other 19% LCMS without the LMS.  The same goes on the other end, but this article elaborates on their differences in both definition and functionality.
– Miyagi Kazuki

Read the source article at prescientdigital.com

Posted In:

0 Comments